1/12/2006

◆ The Celestine Prophecy

- an adventure (1993 by James Redfield)

Book –

Are three decades of interest in modern physics, ecology, mystical religion and interpersonal psychology finally synthesizing into a new spiritual “common sense”? Now, an ancient manuscript has been discovered, in the rain forests of Peru. Within its pages are 9 key insights into life – insights the entire human race is predicted to grasp sequentially as we move toward a completely spiritual culture on Earth…. Are we now beginning to experience this spiritual revolution?

Karma –

It’s one of my favorites neither because of the way the transitions of human culture was recorded, nor the fact that it had been on top of best seller list for weeks. When I read “… According to the Manuscript, we’re beginning to glimpse an alternative kind of experience … moments in our lives that feel different somehow, more intense and inspiring. But we don’t know what this experience is or how to make it last, and when it ends we’re left feeling dissatisfied and restless with a life that seems ordinary again” (page 5), I was totally shocked because that was exactly what happened when I was in high school– something came and went and I was left feeling dissatisfied and restless – like a huge void inside of me. That’s when my journey of frantic search started (and my suffering, too). Even more surprising is, the pages are like a recording of those different stages of my journey – I was like reading my own diary, one insight by one insight in this book, as one stage by one stage of my life !

No comments: